[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 12:33:16PM +1200, Nick Rout wrote:

[...]
My recommendation is setting up an imap server and accessing your emails
with whatever client comes to hand. Divorce the mbox/maildir
storage choice  from your client.

I have several mbox mail folders with messages delivered by
procmail. Many of them are for mailing list archiving on a per month
base. Wouldn't these make it difficult to configure an imap server with
access to all those mail folders?

No, your imap server will offer you to read any file or folder created by procmail; however you will have to subscribe to the new folders at the beginning of the month within your mail client.

If not, do you recommend any imap server?

Dovecot is my choice, courier-imap is also quite good but perhaps slower

cheers,