On 8/7/06, nick thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi. I have an IBM workpad z50, and I am curious if there is a gentoo
port that could possibly run on it. If not, what can I do to get one
started? Also, if there is a better list to ask on, please let me know.

You may want to ask the question on gentoo-laptop too, but this
question is OK here too. I would suggest you take a look at the Gentoo
MIPS page [1] though I would imagine that its going to be hard to find
anything that is going to fit well onto a 16MB ram disk that was
designed to be a thin client. Even so... a google for linux 16mb ram
turns up some interesting and promising results [2][3]

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/mips/index.xml
[2] http://www.linuxlinks.com/Distributions/Mini_Distributions/
[3] http://jailbait.sourceforge.net/

-Mike