On Thursday 17 August 2006 00:36, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > > But the interface is never actually brought
> > > down, and that's my problem, I *want* the interface brought *down*.
> >
> > in /etc/conf.d/ifplugd:
> > AUTO="yes"
>
> The latest baselayout ebuild tells you to remove this file. baselayout
> runs ifplugd now, it shouldn't be run separately. As Richard said,
> use /etc/conf.d/net for this.

Well, that should be fun.

I've got it working "properly" now (I have an e100 nic, which does properly
support reading link status when operationally down).
I had to remove /lib/rcscripts/net/ifplugd.sh as I could not disable it from
conf.d/net
I still have this at the top of conf.d/net:
modules=( "!plug" )
modules_eth0=( "!plug" )
modules=( "!ifplugd" )
modules_eth0=( "!ifplugd" )

The postdown function doesn't get executed with ifplugd.sh in place, as the
interface is never actually brought down.

--
Mike Williams