Alexander Skwar wrote:
Phil Sexton schrieb:

I didn't think you had to run it manually unless you want to. Can't you call if from

/etc/conf.d/local.start

Sure, but why do that? Why not use the mechanisms, that Gentoo
forsees for this?

I thought that was the purpose of that file, to run stuff you want to on bootup.

That's not how I see the file. For me, the file is there to do stuff,
for which there's no "proper" way.

Gentoo is the only distribution I have seen use that particular file, so I consider it one of the "proper" ways to do things I can't figure out otherwise.

There is usually more than one way to "skin a cat" in Linux.

--
Phil Sexton
My Home Page: http://fancypiper.info/