sean wrote:
I am trying to get my locally attached printer to work, first time setup.

Followed the instructions and so far nothing.
I am using the default cups.conf setup, and have enabled the kernel support

Device Drivers -->
  <*> Parallel port support
  <*>   PC-style hardware

Device Drivers -->
  Character Devices -->
    <*> Parallel printer support

as the instructions state.

Doing an lpq gives the following

lpq: error - no default destination available.
tardis sean #

Would anyone be able to give me an ideas on how to get this thing running?
Hopefully I included all needed information.

            Thanks in advance
            Sean

A little more

Doing a
 dmesg | grep -i print
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: v0.13: USB Printer Device Class driver

shows me the previous. I am on a parallel port.

Well I do seem to have managed to fire the printer up.

                Thanks anyway everyone.
                Hopefully no other problems.