Thomas Kear wrote:

> I've never tried RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP, haven't used sysvinit at all in
> 9 months.

I recently started using this "feature".  It works OK.  Nothing fails to
start.  It does try to start my networks too early but it seems to just
wait until it is ready then starts them up just fine.  It seems to boot
a little bit faster.  The messages are a bit more confusing at first.
The little "[OK]" thing on the right is gone too.

It didn't seem to hurt anything.  You may want to give it a try.  Still
trying to figure out this other stuff though.  < scratches head >
Where's Holly when you need her?

Dale

:-)