On 8/25/06, Etaoin Shrdlu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Friday 25 August 2006 09:10, fei huang wrote:

> no idea how to do it under Gentoo...

As a last resort, you can compile it manually from sources with the
appropriate options and copy the init binary under /sbin. Of course, be
sure you know what you're doing. I suggest you rename the original init
binary to use it again in case something goes wrong (with init= on the
command line).

Or you could patch the ebuild so that it allows debugging and put it
in your overlay. Thats probably better than manually compiling from
source.

-Mike