On 8/25/06, Stephen Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm prepared using an USB enclosure for data stroage.

I'm searching a tool/method whenever I save a file on /home/user a
duplicate copy will be saved automatically on
/mnt/point/of/usb_enclosure/home/user simultaneously, similar to
replication/mirroring.   Thus the USB enclosure can be used as a mobile
storage device and can be plugged in on any Linux PC.

My first thought for this kind of setup would be a little Perl magic
with inotify... not sure if something already exists like this.

http://www.edoceo.com/creo/inotify/perl-inotify.php

-Mike