Hi

This may be unrelated here but when I used to run miau it would only
work when I compiled it with the USE flag -ipv6

hope it helps

stu

On 02/09/06, José Pedro Saraiva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Greetings all!

I've had a working version of psybnc running for mounths with no problems.
But recently I needed to recompile it and I am unable to get it working,
maybe due to glibc version update, as I've read on some foruns. Even though
it was a masked package (~x86) I builded it anyway, but it crashes. The
funny thing is that it only crashes when trying to connect to any IRC
server.

So I decided to look for more options, builded miau and muh.
Although miau is a fork of muh, I can get muh to work with no problems but
miau gives the following weird startup error:

Sep 02 10:17:47 + Configuration read.
Sep 02 10:17:47 - Unable to create socket! (Address family not supported by
protocol)

muh on the other hand runs smooth:

[Sat 02 Sep 10:59:17] + parsing configuration file...
[Sat 02 Sep 10:59:17] + listening on port 31330.
[Sat 02 Sep 10:59:17] + muh's nick is 'nocive'.
[Sat 02 Sep 10:59:17] + alrite, muh's forked. (pid 13213)

This is puzzling me 'cause the config files for both programs are quite
smiliar and the core is, presumably, the same.

Now, what bothers me is that miau has some features that I really need (such
as on connect commands) that muh doesn't.
So any help on getting miau or psybnc running would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

José Pedro Saraiva

--
"There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
binary, those who don't"

--Unknown