On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 16:44:00 +0200
"Hemmann, Volker Armin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
the words:

> On Saturday 02 September 2006 16:20, Adrian wrote:
> > On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 10:05:43 +0100
> >
> > Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:
> > >
> > > I second this.  Just set something like:
> > > =================================================
> > > /dev/sda   /mnt/sda    auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime     0 0
> > > /dev/sda1  /mnt/sda1   auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime     0 0
> > > =================================================
> > > depending on what your camera's flash memory is recognised as
> > > (look in your dmesg output when you plug it in) and then use ls,
> > > or your file manager to look at and manipulate its contents.  If
> > > you have hald it should be picked up automatically without you
> > > having to create the /mnt/sda directory or manually mount/umount
> > > the device.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Mick
> >
> > Actually, this was the first thing I tried.  I can not convince the
> > camera to mount however.
> >
> > All I get from dmesg is:
> >
> > usb 4-2: USB disconnect, address 5
> > usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6
> >

> > I tried your suggestions in my fstab and all I get is:
> >
> > mount: special device /dev/sda does not exist
> >  or
> > mount: special device /dev/sda1 does not exist
> >
> > depending on which /dev/sda* I use in fstab.
> >

> and you have usb-storage and scsi-disk support at least as modules
> and modprobed them?
> --

I have usb-storage as a module, and have confirmed it is loaded with
lsmod.

scsi-disk support is build in to my kernel.

I can plug in a usb storage device and it works fine.  example:

------------------

usb-storage: device found at 17
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor: SEAGATE   Model: ST660211USB       Rev: 4.06
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 73 00 00 08
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 73 00 00 08
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
 sda: sda1
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi9, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
usb-storage: device scan complete

Maybe either

a. this camera simply isn't linux compatible

b. I need some other module for it

--
On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  http://204EastSouth.com
Purchase from On The Fly:  http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
The Cynical Libertarian Society:  http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls