Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> On Saturday 02 September 2006 23:33, Dale wrote:
>
>> I still didn't see where they were telling us what USE flags were being
>> replaced by what.
>>

> I have already stated that I don't think that such a thing exists. Now what I
> do is to not change my profile before
>
> # emerge -uvpDNt
>
> doesn't what to emerge anything.  Then immediately after changing the profile
> I run the same command again and that makes it quite clear which use flags
> changed... If I disagree with any of the changes I revert it via USE=
> in /etc/make.conf.
>
> Some quick scripting, however, shows that the difference between 2006.0 and
> 2006.1/desktop is as follows:
>
> In 2006.0 but not in 2006.1/desktop:
> apache2 apm foomaticdb gtk2 imlib libwww motif xmms
>
> In 2006.1/desktop but not in 2006.0:
> cairo cdr dbus dvd dvdr fam firefox hal ldap nptlonly ppds unicode win32codecs

The fact it doesn't exist is what I was curious about.  It looks like
they could create a list and/or thread on the forums to let us know what
is changing.  I want to get all the current "bugs" worked out before I
start changing profiles.  My emerge -e world after the gcc upgrade is
still in progress and some are not going well.

Thanks for showing the change in USE too.

Dale

:-)  :-)