On Monday 11 September 2006 16:23, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 02:26:59PM +0200, Harm Geerts wrote:
> > If you're planning to use a remote X server you, you should compile
> > xorg-server with USE="minimal". Then gnome can link to the libraries it
> > needs but you don't need to install a complete X server.
>
> Yes, I wanted a remote X server. OK, I'll add "minimal" flag to my USE
> variable.

Don't add it to your global USE flags !
The minimal flag is used by several packages but you only need to activate it
for a single package. You might end up with a seriously impaired system if
you add it to your global flags.

To activate the minimal flag only for x11-base/xorg-server add it
to /etc/portage/package.use

echo "x11-base/xorg-server minimal" >> /etc/portage/package.use