Hi Jean,
  unfortunately is it still not working even if i've tried changing
different lines.. (however this does not make very much sense). Can
you post me you /etc/conf.d/net and /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf files?

Thanks,
Marco

On 9/10/06, Jean Magnan de Bornier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Le 10 septembre à 12:23:07 "Marco Calviani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> écrit notamment:

| Hi Jean,
>
| the result of
| $ dhcpcd -v LOG_DEBUG -d 2 eth1
| is
| Error, dhcpStart: ioctl SIOCGIFHWADDR: No such device
>
| even if iwconfig shows:
>
| eth1      unassociated  ESSID:"home"
|          Mode:Managed  Channel=0  Access Point: 00:2C:F9:08:3B:6D
|          Bit Rate:0 kb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   Sensitivity=8/0
|          Retry limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
|          Encryption key:(mykey)   Security mode:restricted
|          Power Management:off
|          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0
|          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
|          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
>

| and here's my wpa_supplicant.conf
>
| ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
| ctrl_interface_group=0
>
| eapol_version=1
>
| ap_scan=1
>
| fast_reauth=1
>
| network={
|        ssid="home"
|        key_mgmt=NONE
|        wep_key0=(mykey)
|        wep_tx_keyidx=0
|        priority=5
|        auth_alg=SHARED
| }

[...]

Hi Marco,
I hope someone will help you better, I just can say I solved my own wifi
problems with wpa_supplicant (wpa encryption) by commenting out one line
of the recommended config and trying, then commenting out another one,
retrying, and so on, until I had it working...
good luck!
--
  Jean