Thank you.  I'll see if I can get that going.  I finally got ODBC working and
make some notes here for others who may search in the future.  I simply
updated the /etc/unixODBC in files per the specs on the unixODBC site -
although another part of their site says postgres doesn't use these ini
files!  I also found that Gentoo does not have an ODBCConfig - it makes it
gODBCConfig and you have to enable the gnome flag for it to be built.

I'll see if I can get JDBC working now.

Thanks.

--

Brett I. Holcomb