On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:13:22 +0200
Wolfgang Liebich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've setup a new gentoo system. I plan to use the monitor of a SUN
> workstation (a "Sun 40x30cm RGB monitor" - I don't know more) with it.
> The PC has an "Intel 945G/GZ Express Integrated Graphics Controller".
> Is it possible to use a SUN monitor with this graphics cars? Which
> special settings do I need?

Alot of the specialized monitors (my experiance is with SGI machines)
uses single sync monitors, which means they don't have a sync range
like most monitors for PC's, but a single sync range hardlocked to the
card in the machine the work with.

You'll need to find out exactly which monitor it is .. find out what
sync and refresh it is hardlinked with and then get your card to output
signal in that sync and refresh otherwise you won't get it working.

Please bear in mind, I have never worked on Sun monitors with PC's so
can't vouch for how accurate this might be ... just going from previous
experience with similar situation and what was the cause of it

--
Henti Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

DISCLAIMER :

Unauthorised use of characters, images, sounds, odors, severed limbs,
noodles, wierd dreams, strange looking fruit, oxygen, and certain parts
of Jupiter are strictly forbidden.  If I find you violating, or
molesting my property in any way, I will employ a pair of burly
convicts to find you, kidnap you, and perform god-awful sexual
experiments on you until you lose the ability to sound out vowels.  I
don't know why you are still reading this, but by doing so you have
proven that you have far too much time on your hands, and you should go
plant a tree, or read a book or something.
        - http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/