Hi all,

I've setup a user Apache setup but for some reason I cannot htaccess
the cgi-bin in the one folder.

here is the details :

.htaccess in /home/user/public_html/cgi-bin

AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/htpasswd/user
AuthName "user"
require valid-user
satisfy any

httpd.conf

<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
    Options ExecCGI
    SetHandler cgi-script
</Directory>

when I go to the cgi-bin for the user .. it runs the cgi without
probltping for user/.pass

any ideas ?

--
Henti Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

DISCLAIMER :

Unauthorised use of characters, images, sounds, odors, severed limbs,
noodles, wierd dreams, strange looking fruit, oxygen, and certain parts
of Jupiter are strictly forbidden.  If I find you violating, or
molesting my property in any way, I will employ a pair of burly
convicts to find you, kidnap you, and perform god-awful sexual
experiments on you until you lose the ability to sound out vowels.  I
don't know why you are still reading this, but by doing so you have
proven that you have far too much time on your hands, and you should go
plant a tree, or read a book or something.
        - http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/