On Thursday 28 September 2006 23:15, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> Something has changed recently with 'emerge'. Whenever I use the -D option,
> which I am pretty much in the habbit of typing 'emerge -Dav' or 'emerge
> -Davu world/system', I notice it pulling in more stuff than it should. It
> never acted like this before. It's only been within the past few weeks. On
> an older Gentoo server (which I don't upgrade nearly as often as my
> notebook above) it doesn't exhibit this behaviour.
>
> The difference in portage is: 2.1.2_pre1-r3 and 2.1-r2
[SNIP]

Portage is developing quite fast at the moment so it is quite possible that
you have discovered some change in behaviour (either due to a bug or due to
permanent changes) but I don't see anything wrong in this mail... What makes
you think it pulls in more stuff than it should? BTW you should upgrade to
2.1.2_pre1-r4 (or downgrade to latest stable). If I am missing something
specific feel free to elaborate.

--
Bo Andresen