Hi,

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 16:56:25 +0100
"Steve [Gentoo]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm unclear if the reason for the failure is the additional
> tunnelling... Is this technique incompatible with X11 tunnelling?  Is
> there a way to make it work with a reverse-tunnel or something like
> that?  Am I barking up the wrong tree entirely?

It is of course possible since the intermediate tunnel is transparent.
But X Forwarding could be disabled in [A]'s sshd_config. If your local
X server is listening on a TCP port (not just a unix socket), you can
forward that to the target host and set XAuthentication data manually
(see "man xauth" for extracting and inserting).

-hwh