Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:

> > Unison copies both dirs/files correctly back and forth
> > but the different installations of mozilla use different
> > paths to their bookmarks.html file.

> I'd do "ln -s 53a4kpfr.slt ~/.mozilla/default/6xnd2dcf.slt" on System A
> and put "follow .mozilla/default/6xnd2dcf.slt" in the Unison profile.

Yea, a symlink and a script outside of unison is what I was going to
do.

I like your suggestion to use the 'follow' option in the Unison profile.
Much cleaner.

Thanks Neil! Unison is  GREAT for my meeds. Also for programmers to back
up their own projects and work to several different machines.

I'm also going to introduce it to some windows folks. It's great
for users/(non-admin programmers) to keep track of their files,
as a first response before asking for restores from backup. I just
hope it works on windows as well as it does on linux.....

We use quite a lot of different IDEs on PC to develop code for
all sorts of microprocessor/dsps/soc....
I'm sure there will be problems with this sort of licensed/proprietary
tools, but the sourcecode and the hex (binary) files should not be
a problem under windows?

Those files alone would be sufficient for a user level backup and to
sync up files among programmers.

James