On 10/6/06, Liviu Andronic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello list,

I have a slight problem with defining a en_US.UTF-8 locale. I tried the
Gentoo Official Documentation on Localization and
Syste-wide UTF-8, but I cannot make actually having
en_US.UTF-8. Here are some commands I ran:

The locales I have (nothing changes even after I run the rest of the
commands.
localhost ~ # locale -a
en_US.utf8
POSIX

localhost ~ # localedef -i en_US -f UTF-8 en_US.UTF-8
localhost ~ # locale-gen
 * Generating 1 locales (this might take a while)
 * (1/1) Generating en_US.UTF-8 ... [ ok ] * Generation complete
localhost ~ # locale -a
en_US.utf8
POSIX
localhost ~ # env | grep -i LC_
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

Uhm... how bout we NOT HIJACK THREADS. Please start a new thread when
you have something new to say. Thank you.