Thanks to you both.  Wanna here something strange. . . or maybe not.

It's the file name.

A file named Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 02 - On The Run.mp3

will not work.

I rename it to

pf-dsotm-03.mp3

and it works just fine.

I don't know why yet.  I have mp3 files which have come from the
internet which have spaces, capital letters, lower case letters,
numbers, and they work fine.

When I have time my curiosity will force me to experiment some more to
find out exactly what causes this, but for now I'm content to be

Adrian

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 10:34:12 -0700
darren kirby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:

> quoth the Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.:
>  I've fairly sure metadata can
> > be stored either at the beginning or end of the file (I know FLAC
> > can do this) and it's possible, albeit unlikely, that the nano only
> > works with one of those locations.
>
> MP3 Id3v1 tags are at the end, ID3v2 tags are near the begining. Some
> files have both.
>
> As for Flac, this is not true. As one who recently wrote a Ruby
> library for parsing Flac metadata (and thus read the Flac spec[1]) I
> can say that all metadata, including the VORBIS_COMMENT block are
> before the stream contents (ie: the audio bits). The various metadata
> blocks can be in arbitrary order but always before the actual music
> data.
>
> [1] http://flac.sourceforge.net/format.html
>
> -d
> --
> darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 ::
> http://badcomputer.org "...the number of UNIX installations has grown
> to 10, with more expected..."
> - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
> --

On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  http://204EastSouth.com
Purchase from On The Fly:  http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
The Cynical Libertarian Society:  http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls