Hello group,

I don't remember the exact details but I noticed that
any attempt to upgrade x11 revealed that everything
under xorg-x11 was blocked. So I did emerge -C
xorg-x11 then emerge xorg-x11. So far so good. I ran
xorgconfig and passed it the same values as before
since the hardware hasn't changed. Now when I run
startx it gives:

<...>
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sun Oct  8
21:34:33 2006
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"

(EE) Failed to load module "radeon" (module does not
exist, 0)
(EE) No drivers available.

Fatal server error:
no screens found
XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on
X server ":0.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0
events remaining.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $

not true:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
radeon                105216  0
drm                    68884  1 radeon
agpgart                33904  1 drm
<...>

The modules are there under
../kernel/drivers/char/drm/ just as always.

So I'm stumped.

-Maxim