On Monday 09 October 2006 17:51, Drew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote about 'Re:
[gentoo-user] [OT] RSA Vs DSA keys for SSH authentication':
> RSA has
> the advantage of allowing longer key lengths

From what I understand, the DSA algorithm has no particular ties to the
1024-bit key length (implementations should be easy to modify for a
different length) but there are no protocols that support using other key
lengths with DSA as part of their standard.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest