I'm trying to get skype set up on my new laptop and I've run into a problem
the sound card (Intel HDA) is setup and working (with mplayer and amarok)
I've installed skype and the interface is working.  There nothing wrong with
the headset (it works on my old laptop). At first I kept getting "problem
with sound device" error but I've solved that but the microphone doesn't
appear to be working.  When I make a test call I can hear the skype lady but
I can't here my message when they try to play it back
I've checked the alsa mixer and the microphone is set to capture and the
volume up.  I don't know what I'm missing.  Sofar I havn't turned up anything
in the wiki or forums.
Has anybody got skype woking with this soundcard.  Perhaps you could post
your .asoundrc for me to have a look

Thanks
Matt
--