On 10/10/06, Mark Shields <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thank you Richard and Mauro, but this wasn't what I was looking for.  The
vnc and the ssh server are not the same.

ssh port forwarding is not limited to just the machine you are logging
into.  It will forward the connection to another host.  So I think
this is still what you want:

# ssh -L localhost:5901:vnchost:5901 routerhost

This will cause the ssh client to forward any connections to 5901 on
localhost to be forwarded to the server on routerhost, which will then
make the connection to vnchost port 5901.  No need to muck with
iptables rules at all here.

-Richard