* Bo �rsted Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-10-11 21:35] :
>  No, this is not spam. It is necessary info to explain what's going on.

Ok - next time you'll get it without asking ;-)

>  ~khelpcenter-3.5.2 pulls in ~kdelibs-3.5.2 which pulls in kde-env.
>  ~kdelibs-3.5.4 on the other hand blocks kde-env. The solution is to add
>  kcontrol, kicker, khelpcenter (and any other packages that still require a
>  downgrade of kdelibs) to /etc/portage/package.keywords...

This was exactly what I did after seeing the mixture of x86 and ~x86.
As already said in my previous post the dependency is gone now ...

>  I'm not really certain  where font-alias comes into the picture though. If
> you
>  want to find out run:
>  # emerge -uDpt --debug world &> debug.log
>  And inspect the log. You may even send debug.log to me in a private mail. It
>  will be huge so I'm not going to recommend to post it on this list though.

Too late :)

Thanks for your help - not only with my problem but in /many/ other cases
as well !!!

Greetz
Stefan