Moshe Kamensky wrote:
> The -s option of formail allows you to specify an argument, which is a
> program name. This program will be run for each message, with the
> message on the stdin. So if you have such a program that delivers to a
> maildir, you can use it. procmail itself is one such program, so you
> should be able to do something like
>
> | formail +1 -ds procmail .procmailrc.gentoo
>
> and then have .procmailrc.gentoo say something like
>
> :0
> gentoo-user/

That works perfectly... Thanks!

I'd overlooked that -s had an optional argument with formail - and while
I'd realised I probably wanted procmail to deliver messages, I hadn't
realised that I could have separate configurations as easily as that.

I'm surprised this example is neither one of the convenient examples in
the man procmailex man page... nor widely cited in the online howtos
I've seen.