Due to a little bit of paranoia I have found an interesting, though rather
annoying, bug in smbmount. If a samba user's password is longer than 23
chars, smbmount just cannot deal with it, producing the following error:

session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

Googling was not much of a help, neither was searching through gentoo bugs and
gentoo forum. Although there are a couple of forum entries which are probably
related but were never actually solved:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-429074-highlight-samba+errnoaccess.html
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-418048-highlight-samba+errnoaccess.html

Another interesting thing is that the bug is definitely not related to samba
server configuration: smbclient still works perfectly well. Using mount.cifs
is OK as well.
Does anybody have a slightest idea what could be the problem solution?
>From the former forum link one can conclude that it is a specifically gentoo
problem, though I cannot check this, as I don't have any other linux
distribution available right now. So should I file a bug report?
I can understand that, say, 24 chars password could seem too long, however I
don't remeber that such limitation was documented somewhere.