maxim wexler wrote:
> What does the group think?

I don't know about the group, but I use etc-update and keep all of /etc
in a Subversion working copy. This allows quickly seeing any changes
made on updates and emerges, reverting changes if anything breaks, and
keeping track of the reasons for specific changes in commit log messages.

I also use a tool to store file and directory ownership and ACLs in an
SVN property. I believe dispatch-conf doesn't track ownership and
permissions.

I even thought about using a distributed VCS like git to be able to push
changes to a group of machines for e.g. updates, but then again, I don't
have enough installations to maintain. Has anybody done something in
this direction?

-- Remy

Remove underscore and suffix in reply address for a timely response.