2006/10/19, Erik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Your'e problem is that when you type in:
# proftpd
you've started it before you run the init script.  So when the init
script tries to start it, it fails because there is already a proftpd
started.
Yes.I just thought the first time i type in:
#proftpd
my proftpd didn't start.Now i know that it can start.
The IPV6 error is only a problem if you need IPV6.
Otherwise:
# ps ax | grep proftpd
<number> ?        Ss     0:00 proftpd: (accepting connections)
# kill <number>
# /etc/init.d/proftpd start
# (if you want to start at boot) rc-update add proftpd default

On 10/19/06, Chuanwen Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi list!
> I can't start my proftpd!
>
> # proftpd
>  - IPv6 getaddrinfo 'localhost' error: Name or service not known
>
> then:
> # /etc/init.d/proftpd start
>  * Starting proftpd ...                                                   [
!! ]

> And my /etc/hosts is :
> 127.0.0.1        localhost  wcw-gentoo
>
> How can i set this problem?