Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
> On Sunday 29 October 2006 17:40, Colleen Beamer wrote:
>
>> Anyway, with respect to the subject line, if my interpretation is
>> correct and xmms is being removed from the package list, what can I use
>> to play 'mod' files?
>

> or, emerge xine-lib with the modplug useflag (which has to be set for
> audacious too), and it can play mod files. And since amarok uses xine-lib as
> one of its engines, it would be able to play modfiles.

Thanks for this!  :-)  Stupid on my part, I suppose - I never thought of
compileing xine-lib with the modplug USE flag.  I just let it compile
with the defaults and/or what was in make.conf.

Anyway, now I'm happy.  No xmms, but I can play my mod files.  Only
complaint I have is that I liked the blur-scope visualization which I
got from xmms.  Funny think is according to package.mask,
xmms-blur-scope isn't even dependent on xmms.

Thanks again.

Colleen

--

Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org