Hi folks:

I have recently done my routine System upgrades etc, and suddenly my
wired ethernet port on my laptop is very hesitant to start -- I plug it
in (or put it on the dock) and issue the start command

/etc/init.d/net.eth0 start

And it starts to bring up the interface, and just sits there

Sometimes for quite sometime before I ctrl-c and try again -- sometimes
doing it in a different window helps, as does rebooting and trying
again.

My list of processes in conky shows the script running and also arping
but nothing changes and the interface doesn't start --

Can someone suggest a solution or problem

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11