On 10/30/06, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Michael Crute <mcrute <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am using Cacti on a firewalled production server to do all manner of
> system monitoring and metrics. I would also like to setup SNMP on my
> development servers that sits behind a firewall at a different data
> center. Is there a way that I can securely allow SNMP access to my
> development boxen from the production box. The end result I am looking
> for is the ability to log in to a single instance of cacti and have
> access to all of my servers all over the world. Is this possible to do
> securely? Any recommendations?

Hello Mike,

JFFNMS is a NMS with many,many more features than cacti.
www.jffnms.org
<snip>
James

Thanks for the suggestion James, I will have to check it out when I
get some time. Right now I'm stuck with cacti (I say stuck in the
nicest possible way) so I really need to figure out if SNMP is secure
enough to use across the internet.

-Mike