Hi!
I had a very noise problem since a month (when I changed graphic card
from ati to nvidia), but never found the cause...
If I stay logged enough time, the X process uses all my ram and swap
until killing all x-dependency process and locking keyboard (a reboot
via graphical interface is not possible too).
Now, I used only KDE (3.5.2-3.5.5) until yesterday, and today I tried
blackbox (to find what is the cause). After 24 h I saw to "eating
effect".
I think could be some problem with use flags in combination nvidia-kde.
Could be?
My /etc/make.conf:

CFLAGS="-O3 -march=athlon64 -pipe -ftracer"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/
ftp://ftp.wh2.tu-dresden.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo
ftp://mirrors.sec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/gentoo/
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/";
USE = "3dnow 3dnowex X a52 aac aalib acpi addbookmarks aim alias alsa
arts audiofile autoreplace avi bash-completi
n -berkdb bmp browserplugin bzip2 bzlib cairo cdparanoia cdr
connectionstatus contactnotes crypt cscope cups dbus
ga dio directfb divx4linux dv dvb dvd dvdr dvdread emacs encode -esd
exif fame fortran f77 fam fbcon fdftk -freetd
 ffmpeg fftw flac flash ftp gadu -gcj gif -gnome gtk gtk2 hal highlight
history icq id3 ieee1394 imagemagick imlib
ipv6 irc jack java jikes jingle joystick jpeg justify kde kdeenablefinal
kdehiddenvisibility kerberos kernel_linux
krb4 lame latex lcms -ldap lirc live lm_sensors lzo mad matroska mbox
memlimit mime ming mjpeg mmx mng mono motif
mozilla mp3 mpeg mpeg2 mp4live mplayer msn mssql mule multilib
musicbrainz mysql mysqli ncurses netmeeting nls nom
c nowlistening nptlonly nsplugin nvidia objc on-the-fly-crypt ogg
oggvorbis openal opengl oscar -oss pam pcre pdfl
b perl player png posix ppds python qt qt3 qt4 quicktime readline samba
sametime sdl sensord sharedmem skey sndfil
 sox speex spell sse ssl statistics svg svga subtitles swat sysfs szip
tcltk test tetex texteffect theora threads
iff tk translator truetype unicode usb userlocales utf8 v4l v4l2 vcd
videos vorbis webpresence winpopup wsconvert
xwindows xanim xine xinerama xml2 xosd xpm xprint xscreensaver xv xvid
x264 yahoo yv12 zlib zvbi"
FEATURES="ccache sandbox"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CCACHE_SIZE="3G"
LINGUAS="it en de bg pt_BR"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
#PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage
ALSA_CARDS="emu10k1 via82xx"
ALSA_TOOLS="as10k1 via82xx"
INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse penmount joystick"
VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia vesa v4l nv"
LIRC_DEVICES="serial"

Thanks,
Luigi
- --
Public key GPG(0x633F86B7) on hkp://keyserver.linux.it/