On 11/6/06, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This may be because you have not configured the firewall of your VNC server
machine and, or you have not set up port forwarding on your router (if you
connect to the Internet via a router).

This is covered in the FAQs.

If you are going to allow connections on your WinXP firewall, it is safer that
you limit these to the IP address(es) of the machine on which the VNC viewer
is running.

On Sunday 05 November 2006 19:59, Heather Howey wrote:
> Hello listmates,
>
> Have downloaded the free viewer to my friend's machine, installed the
> server program on my home computer, but cannot, from my friend's machine,
> connect.
>
> Following the instructions on how to find the IP address of the server
> machine, I got two. According to my ISP, one of them is static and one is
> dynamic. But they won't tell me which is which. So, how can I know which
> one to use in the VNC Viewer's dialog box to connect?
>
> Well, maybe that's not so important, because I've tried using both IP
> numbers and neither one works.
>
> I just get error message "unable to connect to host. Connection refused
> (10061)"
>
> Anyone out there who can see what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Grateful for tips,
>
> Heather

Looks like you got the wrong list, and please don't top post.