Hi everyone,

  I've been trying to set up an authentication server for a mixed LAN
(Windows and Linux clientes ) and I'm having problems with Samba.

  The way it is today, the Windows clients can access the Samba
server and each user can access it's home, by double-clicking on the
server icon on the screen that shows all the machines on the network.

  But I'm unable to register the client workstations on the server.
It says something like "user name not found" when I try to do it. But
the odd thing is, when I look in the LDAP server, there is a registry
of the client there.

  I'd like to know if anyone has managed to do this type of thing
and, if possible, could send me the Samba config file (smb.conf) so I
can see what I'm doing wrong.

 Here is my smb.conf file. If anyone detects what I'm doing wrong,
I'd be grateful.  :)

[global]
server string = %L
workgroup = WORKGROUP
announce as = NT Server

hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
interfaces = lo eth1
bind interfaces only = yes

local master = yes
os level = 100
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes

null passwords = no
#hide unreadable = yes

enable privileges = yes

domain logons = yes
logon script = login.bat
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
logon drive = H:
logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile

wins support = yes
name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
dns proxy = no

time server = yes
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50

passdb backend = ldapsam:ldaps://127.0.0.1:636/

ldap admin dn = cn=Laboratorio,dc=lara,dc=cic,dc=unb,dc=br
ldap port = 636
ldap suffix = dc=lara,dc=cic,dc=unb,dc=br
ldap server = ldaps://127.0.0.1:636/
ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
ldap user suffix = ou=Users
ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
ldap delete dn = Yes
ldap password sync = yes

add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u" "%g"
passwd program = /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd
passwd chat = "*New password:*" %n\r "*New password (again):*" %n\r \
"*Password changed*"
set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"

idmap backend = ldap:ldaps://127.0.0.1:636/
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000

unix charset = ISO8859-1

profile acls = yes

[netlogon]
path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
guest ok = no
read only = yes
browseable = no

[profiles]
path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
browseable = no
writeable = yes
default case = lower
preserve case = no
short preserve case = no
case sensitive = no
hide files = /desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.*/
write list = @smbusers @root
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700
csc policy = disable