I would assume that the two benchmark programs I am using to measure the
drive performance under windows go through windows, and thus the NTFS
interface.  They are Dr. Hardware and FreshDiagnose.  The second one
showed a write speed as quoted above, and a read speed of about 280 MB
per second...  Though the same one reported a read speed of about 900+
MB per second for my USB drive (not really possible, since the maximum
speed for USB 2.0 is about 480 MB / second).
Hi Chris,

A more realistic speed for a HD is about 60-90MB/second... It's hardware limited. So your values are quite off, regardless of the OS and the filesystem.

Greets Glider