Hi!

I have a laptop with lots of documents, plus, I am writing lots of
documents. When I'm working with these files, I stop after every 2 to 4
hours of work to save the changes, copying the updated files on a
external hard drive. I also send them to two e-mail accounts (gmail and
yahoo).

Is there a tool to make these repetitive tasks automatically? I would
like to have something that just copies the updated (and new) files to
my external HD, in order to keep both directories' contents in sync  (on
my laptop: /home/jbackes/documents; on my external
HD: /mnt/external/backup/documents/) .

And for the activity of packing and mailing recent changed documents, is
there a tool that could do this automagically?