Hello,

I somehow lost /boot on an amd64 (turion) laptop. I have an old copy
of grub.conf, but no backup of the entire /boot dir. Since I do not
have another amd64 system, can I just copy over most of the
(non arch dependant files) and recreate the arch dependant files?
The system is still booted up, so I need to make repairs before
rebooting again.

I've built a new kernel and copied it over to /boot. I've copied
over the /boot/grub/grub.conf file from an archive.

Once I copy of the non-arch_dependant files (not sure which ones
those are) do I need to run grub again?

Besides the kernel, are there any arch unique files I need to
recreate or copy from somewhere off the net?

Any ideas or guidance as to how to recover, without reinstallation
are most appreciated.

James