Dale wrote:
I don't know what "extents" are but I think I will pass for a while longer. Make sure this is going to work right. I have heard that the original developer is in jail or going to be soon or something. I hope someone takes the project over since it sounds like a good file system.

You're thinking of rieserfs4 not ext4. ext4 is going to a bit of a dev playground as changes come pouring in and new implementation bugs get worked out. I'd stay with ext3 unless you actually need extents, you don't, or the idea of an unmountable or corrupted filesystem at some indeterminate point in the future appeals to you. :-)

kashani