On 12/6/06, Xamindar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have hibernation set up on my laptop and am just wondering if there
are any programs that are unsafe to have running when hibernating.  One
of the main ones im wondering about would be vmware.  Can I hibernate
while I have windows xp running in vmware and still have it exactly how
I left it when I power back on?  I will probably try it soon anyway but
just wondering if anyone else out there has more experience.

Also, I notice that my cpu governors and being able to change the clock
speed of the cpu no longer function once I resume from suspend.

One other thing is that any programs that use the sound device are
killed when I hibernate (because hibernate is set to restart alsasound
or else sound doesn't work any more)....any way to stop that from
happening?

I have had problems with Firefox 2 crashing every time I resume, it
spouts some nonsense about gnome-vfs and dies. I have also on occasion
not been able to enter my password into xscreensaver after a reboot,
for that Ctrl+Alt+F1 and login then kill xscreensaver works without
harming anything else. HTH.

-Mike