Hello,

Once again, I'm installing  several amd64 systems with dual boot XP.
I always have to nuke the XP, reformat, leave sda1 for XP and continue
on with the install. Since I am installing Gentoo first (amd64 livedcd)
is there any things to watch out for, when I go back and put XP on the sda1
partition?

I seem to only get this right about 50% of the time.  I guess when I put XP
on the sda1 partition, I need to keep it from writing to the MBR, or have
a recovery method? Maybe a recovery floppy to restore the MBR if XP writes
over it?

No matter what I try, I seem to have a knack for getting it right on the
second or third attempt.

comments and advice are welcome. Resizing the XP partitioning (NTFS) without
reformatting nevers seems to work for me.

James