Hello,

I'm almost finished on a new amd64 install. I built a new kernel
(2.6.18-gentoo-r3) and make it a boot option in grub.conf
and try to boot off of it. The system has these error lines
on the screen before locking up:

<snip>
Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
VFS: Insert root floppy and press Enter.
<end/snip>

I saved the kernel from the livecd  installation process
and it boots just fine and works great.
uname -a
Linux excursion 2.6.17-gentoo-r7 #1 SMP Tue Aug 29 01:30:07 UTC 2006 x86_64 AMD
Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

I ran  emerge world, emerge xorg-x11 and emerge kde-meta
all ran/compiled just fine. X is not setup (yet).

I made the kernel options for 2.6.18-gentoo-r3 identical to
those for a amd64 (turion) based system, but it still gives
that NFS error, which is probably a vestige from the livecd
install.

Any ideas how to fix this?

James