On 12/7/06, David Corbin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a recently upgrade my gentoo system, including X11.  Now, instead of my
KDE screen saver, I get a giant X11 logo.  I cannot find where this should be
turned off. Any pointers?

What does xset -q report for Screen Saver.  Xorg has it's own built in
screen saver that defaults to activating after 10 minutes.  The
built-in screen saver displays a large X pattern, unless Xorg
determines that the hardware is capable of blanking the screen, in
which case it will prefer to do that instead.

You should be able to disable the built-in screensaver by running
either "xset s 0 0", or setting 'Option "BlankTime" 0' in the
ServerLayout section of your xorg.conf.

-Richard