On Monday 18 December 2006 15:47, Grant wrote:
> I've caught a whiff or two lately that Gentoo is declining in
> popularity amongst users and developers.  Is it all in my head?  I
> personally still love Gentoo.

Once again I'll refer to the blog [1] of kloeri, Lead of the Gentoo Developer
Relations project (devrel) and a member of the Gentoo Council.

Also [2] clearly shows that Gentoo is quite active in terms of daily
commits...

On Monday 18 December 2006 17:36, Grant wrote:
> > > I personally still love Gentoo.
> >
> > What's the problem then? :)
>
> bugs.gentoo.org :)

Pfft. bugs.gentoo.org will be replaced by what is now bugstest.gentoo.org
hopefully in the following weekend. Surely before the end of this year.. I
could dig out a number of references to back that up but I won't bother given
how you haven't backed up any part of your claims in this thread...

> Do you think Gentoo is waning?

Just because a project isn't moving as fast or as focused as some people might
want it to doesn't mean it's declining!

> Is Debian the only similar distro out there?

I would say that it is a lot easier to list the similarities than the
differences between Debian and Gentoo. Debian really isn't that similar...

[1] http://kloeri.livejournal.com/2006/06/17/
[2] http://cia.navi.cx/

--
Bo Andresen