On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:58:26 -0800, Grant wrote:

> Every user does add to the distro because they make it more popular,
> and, generally, a more popular distro will have more active developers
> than an unpopular distro.

It may, but you are confusing cause and effect. A distro with more
developers should be a better distro, and should have more users.

> Active developers make the distro.  For
> example, I submitted this bug about a mod_perl-2.0.3 version bump on
> 11-28-06, and there hasn't even been a reply yet:

Gentoo helps those who help themselves. Did you try renaming the 2.0.2
ebuild yourself? If so, you should have reported this, along with the
outcome. As for your second question, that could have been answered with
"eix mod_perl".

--
Neil Bothwick

Just don't give away the homeworld!