On 20 December 2006 21:39, Mark Knecht wrote:

> If I wanted to take the plunge I should probably learn to run my own
> portage server where I suppose I could learn to keep things like this
> even if the main server wants to get rid of things.

You don't need to do that. I have one box with a portage tree. All my other
computers simply NFS mount /usr/portage of that box as local /usr/portage.
Bandwidth is expensive in this part of the world. So I really don't want to
download the same stuff for each of my boxes.

Your different boxes can still have different world files but share a single
portage tree. Works perfectly here. No need for a private mirror.

Uwe

--
A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2