wow.. this thing is still going..

On 12/21/06, Andrey Gerasimenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:52:53 +0300, Bo Ørsted Andresen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thursday 21 December 2006 10:43, Andrey Gerasimenko wrote:
>> > Files are removed from the mirrors two weeks after the last ebuild
>> using
>> > them is removed from the tree, so if you sync every two weeks you
>> should
>> > never suffer from missing source files (apart fro restricted ebuilds).
>>
>> Thanks. Must be found early in the Gentoo handbook.
>
> No. But here:
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/mirrors/overview-distfile.xml
>
> :)

Wow! It is in the docs already! I find this "Gentoo Distfiles Mirrowing
System - Overview" worth reading from the user perspective, but the path
to it leads through the developer specific stuff and the title is not
listed in http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/list.xml.

I would get there all by myself reading gradually all the Gentoo
documentation, but this mailing list made that happen sooner :).

--
Andrei Gerasimenko