My wife and I signed up with Vonage VoIP service last week.  They sent
us a telephone adapter to plug into our DSL modem/router that would
allow us to use our analog phones with Vonage.  Since it's plugged in to
our router, I found its IP address and scanned it with nmap.  The thing
allows http and ssh access.  nmap said the adapter runs Linux with a
2.4.x kernel.  I played around some with the web interface after
discovering the username and password.  I'd really like to view some of
the configuration settings and maybe see exactly how OUR adapter
translates analog data into digital data, plus I've never looked around
an embedded system before, but the username used for the web interface
is not an actual account  on the adapters OS.  I'd like to look around
in there, but I don't the names of any of the accounts, and even if I
did, I don't know the password.  The only way I know that the username I
used to get into the web interface is not an account on the system is
because I can view the system log from the web interface.  I own the
adapter; it's sitting on my desk beside me.  I just want to explore the
filesystem.  Is there any way I can get in?  Does anyone know any tricks
for doing this?