On 2006-12-29, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I'm currently testing an 8.28.8-r1 ebuild.  Once I'm confident
>> I haven't broken anything, I'll post it.
>
> I have a ATI 1900 card:
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc R580 [Radeon X1900
> XT] Primary
> 01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc R580 [Radeon X1900 XT]
> Secondary
>
> Let me know where you post and I test your ebuild/overlay.

Don't the newer versions of ati drivers work with that card?
Are you sure you want to use such an old version of the driver?

There are detailed instructions at http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_ATI_Drivers

> What's your entry for that 9200 card in the make.conf?

VIDEO_CARDS="radeon vesa fbdev fglrx"

> Can you send me the relevant portions of the xorg.conf file?

For what it's worth, here's my xorg.conf file....

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "X.org Configured"
        Screen      0  "aticonfig-Screen[0]" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/CID/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "xtrap"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "freetype"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
   option "AIGLX" "off"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "NEC"
        ModelName    "Multisync 97F"
        DisplaySize  386        289
        HorizSync    31.5 - 79.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 90.0
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "aticonfig-Monitor[0]"
        Option      "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
        Option      "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
        Option      "DPMS" "true"
EndSection

Section "Device"

#       Driver      "fglrx"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "ati"
        VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName   "Radeon RV280 [Radeon 9200]"
        Option      "mtrr" "off"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]"
        Driver      "fglrx"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Virtual   1280 1024
                Depth     8
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Virtual   1280 1024
                Depth     15
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Virtual   1280 1024
                Depth     16
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"

#        Virtual 1024 768
                Virtual   1280 1024
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "aticonfig-Screen[0]"
        Device     "aticonfig-Device[0]"
        Monitor    "aticonfig-Monitor[0]"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Virtual   1280 1024
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Mode         0666
EndSection

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Why is everything
                                  at               made of Lycra Spandex?
                               visi.com